Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...

A fitting title for my latest blog after a hiatus of a decent length, wouldn't you agree? I'm finally back at making some food and not just microwaving Amy's frozen dinners. It's been a long few months!

I don't know what got into me but I wanted dessert, and bad. Felix is gluten-free and I wanted him to be able to have some of whatever it was I was making. Vegan and gluten-free doesn't always sound good especially when you're talking desserts.

Enter: sugar, vegan butter, some GF carbs and a whole crapload of lemons.

All of those things are pretty good. So together they made a good treat. I got the recipe from Cheap and Simple Vegan, you can find it here:

http://www.cheapandsimpleveganrecipes.com/gluten-free-vegan-lemon-bars/

Here are some pictures! It was pretty easy to make, just wicked messy. It felt good to bust out my beautiful cherry red KitchenAid mixer again.

Heres one before baking- bake the crust for about 20 minutes first, then pour on a decadent lemon sauce that you bake for about 20 minutes more.

And after... Dusted with a little powdered sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment