Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pleasing Everybody.

We are going on a trip soon, we are a bit broke and thus don't have a ton of food in the house. However we happened to inherit some fresh veggies, and I wanted to use them up before we left.

The big kids got gluten-free noodles, Lars and I got durum wheat noodles and I whipped up this veggie mix in a pan with some olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning.

Then, I dished mine up and dressed it with Vegan Parmesan (if you're from the Midwest, your grandma called the original version "Shake Cheese," and she may have put it on hot dish, casserole, "bake" or any number of other lets-mix-it-all-and-stick-it-in-the-oven Midwestern specialties). I mused up everybody else's with a gluten-free roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce. Everyone was happy, nobody was deprived of what they loved and it wasn't too much of a hassle... Or every expensive.

You can see Lars' version to the right (with the garlic cheese bread I made him from a fancy hot dog bun, butter, sliced muenster and garlic salt). Mine is on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment